The tablet from Microsoft is now available to pre-order with Windows RT for US, on Microsoft Store website.
The tablet has the following prices:
- 32 GB without Black Touch Cover – $499
- 32 GB with Black Touch Cover – $599
- 64 GB with Black Touch Cover – $699
The technical specifications (from Microsoft Store site):
- OS | Windows RT, Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013 RT
- EXTERIOR | Dimensions: 10.81 x 6.77 x 0.37 in • Weight: Less than 1.5 lbs • Casing: VaporMg • Color: Dark Titanium • Physical buttons: Volume, Power
- STORAGE | 32 GB • 64 GB
- DISPLAY | Screen: 10.6″ ClearType HD Display • Resolution: 1366 x768 • Aspect Ratio: 16:9 (widescreen) • Touch: 5-point multi-touch
- CPU | Chip: NVIDIA T30 • System memory: 2 GB RAM
- WIRELESS | Wireless: Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n) • Bluetooth 4.0 technology
- BATTERY | Up to 8 hours mixed activity • 7-15 days idle life
- CAMERAS | Two 720p HD cameras, front and rear-facing
- VIDEO | Two microphones
- AUDIO | Stereo speakers
- PORTS | Full-size USB 2.0 • microSDXC card reader • Headphone jack • HD video out port • Cover port
- SENSORS | Ambient light sensor • Accelerometer • Gyroscope • Magnetometer
- APPS (included) | Mail • Messaging • Word • Power Point • Excel • OneNote • SkyDrive • Internet Explorer 10 • Bing • Music • Video • Games • and more.
Here is the un boxing & first look of this tablet from Linus Tech Tips :
In an interesing article from gizmodo.com named “Google Nexus 7 Tablet Review: The New Best Way to Spend 200 Bucks” we find out some more informations about this tablet.
The hardware specs are (also acording to gizmodo):
OS: Android 4.1
Screen: 7-inch 720p IPS screen
Processor and RAM: 1.3GHz quad-core Tegra 3 / 1GB RAM
Storage: 8GB / 16 GB
Camera: Back: None, Front: 1.2MP
Weight: 12 ounces
Battery: 4325 mAh Li-Ion
Price: $200/8GB, $250/16GB
It is the first tablet from Google (and Asus) tablet capable of Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) with Nvidia Tegra 3 processor and 7″ screen.
It’s fast, it’s smooth, it’s portable, and it’s inexpensive. This doesn’t feel like a $200 tablet experience—it feels high-end.
As you all know, Microsoft unveiled the new Windows 8 tablet line named “Surface”.
An interesting article from lockergnome.com is about the things that are unknown about this tablet :
- What will be the RAM ?
- What are the graphics ?
- What is the price ?
- What is the camera resolution ?
- How will the Surface charge?
- What is the battery life ?
- When it will be released ?
For more informations, read the rest of the article at this link.
There is an article on www.ubuntuvibes.com about a Linux Tablet Running KDE. Here is an except from that article :
If you don’t know about Plasma Active project yet:Plasma Active is a joint project by the KDE community, basysKom and open-slx. The goals for this open source project are to deliver a fast embedded UX platform with minimal memory requirements, provide customizable and modular to support different form factors and design an interface that adapts as users change Activities.
Plasma Active is intended for all types of tablets, smartphones and touch computing devices such as settop boxes, smart TVs, home automation or in-vehicle infotainment.
Google just announced the beta version for Chrome for Android (see http://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/android/index.html)
The installation instructions are at http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2393487&p=mktg_mobile_countries
The software is available for phones and tablets running Android 4.0+ in the following countries, from the Android Market :
- United States
- United Kingdom
I’ve just found out there is a new tablet in town, the Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime – the official page from Asus is : http://eee.asus.com/eeepad/transformer-prime/features/.
The facts that are the most impresive are :
- up to 18 hours of battery life and 50 days of standby time
- a powerful NVIDIA® Tegra® 3 Quad-core CPU
- a Super IPS+ Panel
and much more.
Check the offical page, and also a review of http://www.theverge.com/2011/12/1/2601558/asus-eee-pad-transformer-prime-review